Blackpool v Luton - Fascinating Facts
As the Hatters head towards the delights of Blackpool, we`ve taken the opportunity to delve into the record and form books to come out with a raft of fascinating facts.
- The last 3 fixtures between the two sides have seen the Hatters win all 3 and in doing so keeping 3 clean sheets.
- Going back a bit further in time, the last time Luton were beaten by Blackpool was back in 2003 when they suffered a 3-1 defeat, since then the Hatters have won 6 consecutive games, in all competitions, against Blackpool.
- Blackpool`s home form is pretty decent, the last 14 matches have seen our hosts, this Sunday, win 5, draw 8 and lose just 1.
- The Hatters have spent the entire season in the top seven positions in League Two, apart from one week in January.
- When it comes to play-off campaigns, Blackpool have achieved promotion in 4 of the 6 campaigns they`ve been involved in. As far as Luton are concerned, the Hatters, when it comes to the Football League, lost their only play-off campaign, losing at the semi-final stage to Crewe.
- Jack Marriott heads into this fixture having scored 3 goals in his last 2 games, the striker had previously gone 16 games without scoring.
- A stat that doesn`t sit too well with us is the fact that in 3 of the last 5 League Two play-offs the team finishing in 7th have gone on to win promotion.