Newcastle United v Luton Town - Fascinating Facts
Can the Hatters beat Newcastle United, a Premier League side, to reach the 4th round of the FA Cup?
The 7,500 Hatters who are making the journey believe so, but what do the record and form books tell us to expect?
Here are a few fascinating facts for you to mull over;
• Luton Town have faced Newcastle United on two occasions when the Geordies were in a higher division than us, on both occasions they won, in the 1972-1973 and 1993-1994 seasons.
• The only time Newcastle have beaten the Hatters in the FA Cup was back in the 1980-1981 season when both sides were in the second tier of English football.
• Newcastle do not have a good record when facing teams from leagues lower than them. The last 6 occasions have seen Newcastle eliminated on 5 occasions.
• Last season, Newcastle were knocked out of the FA Cup, at the 4th round stage, by the League One side Oxford United, with the Geordies routed 3-0.
• The Hatters travelling support will be hoping that the current side can emulate the side from the 2012-2013 season when they last faced Premier league opposition in the shape of Norwich City and won 1-0.